“Vaginal rejuvenation concerns are much more common than you might think, even though we might not be comfortable talking about them.”
Sponsored Content brought to you by Modern Women’s Health
Dr. Lisa M. Jukes provides state-of-the art medical treatment in a compassionate, confidential and comfortable atmosphere. She graduated from UT Southwestern Medical School in 1996, completed her residency in 2000, and spent several years at a multi-physician practice in Austin before opening her own in 2004.
Dr. Jukes focuses on gynecological services with an emphasis on patients’ overall health and well-being. She is on the forefront of women’s health care and was the first physician in Central Texas to offer MonaLisa Touch, Acessa, Aviva and VTone. Since 2003, she has focused on minimally invasive gynecology procedures and surgeries, performing over 1,300 procedures on the da Vinci Surgical System.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a term that is becoming quite common. It is basically any treatment that changes either the internal or external structures of the vagina. We can address concerns around the appearance of the vagina as well as issues that arise as a result of aging or childbirth such as incontinence, vaginal dryness, skin laxity, ability to orgasm, dryness and more. Vaginal rejuvenation concerns are much more common than you might think, even though we might not be comfortable talking about them.
Q: Since I gave birth, I have problems with leaking urine. It often happens when I sneeze, and I’m sad that I can’t jump on the trampoline with my kids or play tennis with my friends anymore. Can you help me?
Yes! Simply put, urinary incontinence is an accidental loss of urine. It is suffered by over 25 million people and is most common in women aged 50-plus. The good news? You have treatment options. Do not just accept incontinence as a normal part of aging. Treatments include:
- Emsella – a completely noninvasive treatment that uses electromagnetic energy to deliver supramaximal pelvic-floor muscle contractions to re-educate and strengthen muscles
- Pelvic-Floor Therapy – an exercise program to improve pelvic-floor muscle strength and endurance
- O-Shot – uses blood-derived growth factors to relieve urinary incontinence, increase sexual arousal and rejuvenate the vagina
- Votiva/FormaV – a comfortable treatment that provides uniform volumetric deep heating for tissue remodeling
- VTone – delivers electrical muscle stimulation to rehabilitate weak pelvic-floor muscles
Q: As I age, achieving orgasm seems more difficult. I have issues with pain and dryness. Can you help me?
Yes! There are a variety of treatment options available to help women enjoy intercourse with less pain and more pleasure.
- BioTe Hormone Therapy – uses bio-identical hormones to individualize a treatment plan that address issues including painful intercourse, vaginal dryness, decreased libido, difficulty with orgasm and much more
- MonaLisa Touch – a painless and minimally invasive laser treatment for the vaginal mucosa that stimulates the production of collagen, improving the functionality of the treated area
- MorpheusV8 – a quick and effective fractional radiofrequency technology that addresses a wide range of concerns and is proven to induce tissue coagulation and collagen contraction
- O-Shot – see above
- Votiva / FormaV – see above
Q: Not only do I have pain when I ride my bike or wear tight clothes, I simply don’t like the look of my labia. Can you help me?
Yes. Whether your concerns are related to pain, aesthetics or both, there are a variety of options, from surgical to no-downtime in-office treatments to help you achieve your goals.
- Aviva – a non-surgical alternative for labial reduction that also addresses vulva and vaginal concerns. It employs internal radiofrequency thermal energy via a needle-sized introducer to obtain dramatic tightening, lifting and retraction of vulva tissue and around the vaginal opening.
- Labiaplasty – a surgical procedure to remove labial skin for a firmer and more youthful appearance. Benefits include elimination of discomfort and/or embarrassment for women wearing tight clothing, increased sexual pleasure due to removal of excess skin that can get in the way during intimacy, and the ability to do other physical activities without pain.
- Morpheus V8 – see above
- Votiva/FormaV – see above
For more information, visit modernwomenshealth.com or call us at 512.301.6767.